Pages

Sunday 21 September 2014

Texas - Houston Trip

I have been planning to visit Texas for a long time since many of my class-mates moved there after graduation. Texas is one of the most favorite state for Turkish students to go to have their Master's degrees and work after. Ahmet is one of them. He has been inviting to me Texas for years but I got the chance to visit him last week.

He is the president of GT Noble , he worked in construction and import-export business. You can  contact him from here if you are interested in:
  • Energy Commodities and Mining
  • High Tech,  Machinery and Agricultural Products
  • Medical Products and Equipment.
I also had a chance to visit the Turkish Cultural Center in Houston, which is called Raindrop Turkish House. I don't know how they renamed it but it looked like a word-to-word translation from Turkish. I hope it makes sense to people.

I and Ahmet had a common friend, Dogan Koc. I met Mr.Koc when he came to Canada for a seminar. Mr.Koc is famous with his book: Strategic Defamation of Fethullah Gülen and he is the president of Gulen Institute. We had a chance to go to Starbucks and talk more about what Gulen Institute is doing. I learnt that they have a youth platform which is called Gulen Institute Youth Platform and they are organizing an Essay Content all around the world. Also I was proud to learn they are many attendees and winners from Canada!

It was great to see my friends, the famous Turkish Cultural Center there but I must confess that I'm little bit disappointed... I think I have been to almost all the big cities in the States (of course Canada too!) but Houston was not that attractive... I mean when you are in Chicago you visit Millennium Park, you see the Bean or Front Harbor. You visit White house, George town or river side at DC... Although Ahmet was trying to convince me to move to Texas, I am glad to be in Canada!











No comments:

Post a Comment