Pages

Saturday 18 April 2015

Quebec Trip

Quebec City Downtown
Quebec City Center from stairways
We went to Quebec City, QB in April 2015. It was my first trip to Quebec. I heard many beautiful words about Quebec City but the city itself was above my expectations.

Quebec Chateau Frontenac and Quebec Parliament Building are magnificent. Chateau is at the top of small hill and the city center is on the river side.



Anatolian Heritage Federation & Intercultural Dialogue Institute Montreal organized Turkic Reception at Quebec Parliament.


Quebec Parliament Building

First thing first: It was very different than Toronto or Ottawa. First of all they wanted to scan all of our bags and we were asked to walk through a metal detector. We had to put a green sticker on our jackets. Also I was not able to see any Canada flag inside or outside of Quebec Parliament Building.

Quebec City

Quebec City Downtown
Quebec City Center & Shops
I heard that Quebec City is better than Old Montreal (Of course the one in Montreal) and I totally agree with that. Montreal Old Town was an a little disappointing for me. It was just a small hill and 2-3 parallel streets and old port. Quebec City looks a lot bigger and very well preserved. You can see a few photos from Quebec City which were taken in April, 2015.



Chateau Frontenac
Looks like Bosphorus in Istanbul

No comments:

Post a Comment